Welcome to Wreakers, a viral post-apocalyptic role-playing game set in the near future.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Celebration V

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nephill
Admin
avatar

Posts : 237
Join date : 2010-05-21
Age : 28

PostSubject: Celebration V   Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:45 am

I want all you lucky folk to post pictures and stories about Celebration here while unlucky Neph reads/sees and cries his heart out.

_________________

OMG THANK YOU LINDSEY YAY YAY YAY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wreakers.forummotion.com
Sederous

avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2010-06-23
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Nephill wrote:
I want all you lucky folk to post pictures and stories about Celebration here while unlucky Neph reads/sees and cries his heart out.

I'll be crying along side you Neph, you aren't alone. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NitWhit

avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:39 am

I don't have pictures uploaded where either of you can view them unfortunately and I'm far too lazy to upload all like 200 on another site. O_o Way, way too much work for me to ponder right now given I've got to play catch up on swtor, pack to head back to campus, and finish off a massive to do list of errands before the weekend.

On a side note, apparently The Clone Wars is now going to murder Dathomir and the Nightsisters. Darth Maul apparently has a brother named Savage Oppress (lamest name ever). Nightsisters use actual witchcraft rather than the Force. Ventress' backstory has a high possibility of being retconned. And there are invisible Jedi assassins apparently. *grumble*

Star Wars is coming out on blue ray next year or so with extra deleted scenes and stuff added. Lucas apparently keeps a list of random names he jots down which he uses to come up with names for stuff. He mentioned how he'd like to make another movie which made me want to murder him. Carrie Fisher is a hilarious yet extremely crude person. Jon Stewart got a star wars action figure of himself. Seth Green was apparently tasked with making a cartoonish Star Wars show for a young demographic but given it was Seth Green it apparently only looks like its for kids but is far more geared towards 20 year olds. Oh and there will be another Robot Chicken, a few of us also picked up little mini boxes of Admiral Ackbar cereal.

Legos are awesome. Bounty hunting is really exhausting. I want to make a droid now after running into one that played cantina music, danced, blew bubbles, and could blow a fuse. Dodging stormies all day is best done when you're short and can hide behind tall people or escape into the women's restroom. I wanted to buy lots of stuff. Jake Llyod has no friends. Food in Orlando is expensive. Ralph Mcquarrie's old concept art is fantastic and made me a little sad that they didn't choose some of his initial concepts. There was a full scale Tie Interceptor as well as a Snowspeeder and a mini AT-AT positioned next to the ATMs (nerd humor at its finest). There was also a TFU2 demo but I didn't bother with it, you'd have to talk to JediSmith.

Anthony Daniels is amazing and I <3 him. He got in line like everyone else on the first day a short distance behind me and no one seemed to notice short of a few of us who were just in mild shock until a security guard informed him that he could cut in line. We all happily let him pass. We all saw him again cutting through the main floor of the convention while snickering at the people doing double takes. And his hour long show was highly amusing. He could just carry on about things, at one point he was miming C3PO while an old star wars anti smoking psa appeared on the screen behind him. He also likes to call people out for walking in late and video taping his show rather than actually watching it, but hey if you're going to be called out by anyone, be called out by Anthony Daniels.

Bioware people are cool and very chill. The smuggler class will have stealth. I wanted to murder an idiot asking Drew Karpyshyn a lot of questions about the freaking Chiss. People requested that the concept artists upload works in progress and steps for their concept paintings after they painted one in an hour in each panel. In the second panel, the artist likely painted a character he wasn't supposed to reveal yet which was human like with really pale skin and lots of bright blue tattoos on his face. The character appeared to be one of the Jedi classes and needs a Force dampening system because there are some Force powers no one should have or some such, I forgot exactly what the concept artist said. There will be general species which will cover the vast majority of classes, then there will be limited species such as Chiss and pure blooded Sith which just don't make sense in some of the other roles (I suspect Miraluka are likely a strictly Jedi class as well). Ships are likely customizable only on the inside at least visually.

That is it in a nutshell I believe. And of course there were epic costumes everywhere including a storm trooper who had a 'do not touch' sign taped to his chest which scared Banol half to death, Bossk with a severed wookiee head attached to his belt, a pure blooded Sith girl, a chewie with C3PO strapped to his back, a really realistic looking Emperor, Mandalorians and clones everywhere, and a C3PO just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesh'la Runi

avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 29
Location : Orlando, FL

PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:20 pm

NitWhit wrote:
On a side note, apparently The Clone Wars is now going to murder Dathomir and the Nightsisters. Darth Maul apparently has a brother named Savage Oppress (lamest name ever). Nightsisters use actual witchcraft rather than the Force. Ventress' backstory has a high possibility of being retconned. And there are invisible Jedi assassins apparently. *grumble*

On the plus side, DELTA SQUAD!!! I honestly couldn't care much about the nightsister/Ventress potential retconning. While I think they are neat and interesting, they've already raped my favorite fandom so why not a few more? lol

I just take the Clone Wars series as something separate, despite what Lucas says. Also, visiting both of the Clone Wars panels gave me perspective into just how helpless Dave Filoni is to stop Lucas' crazy ideas (such as the Mando fiasco and Ahsoka). I have a lot more respect for him now and what he has to put up with, and found him to be a pretty funny guy when he's not trying to talk to 5-year-olds.


NitWhit wrote:
1) Legos are awesome.
2) Bounty hunting is really exhausting.
3) I want to make a droid now after running into one that played cantina music, danced, blew bubbles, and could blow a fuse.
4) Dodging stormies all day is best done when you're short and can hide behind tall people or escape into the women's restroom.
5) I wanted to buy lots of stuff.
6) Jake Llyod has no friends.
7) Food in Orlando is expensive.
8 ) Ralph Mcquarrie's old concept art is fantastic and made me a little sad that they didn't choose some of his initial concepts.
9) There was a full scale Tie Interceptor as well as a Snowspeeder and a mini AT-AT positioned next to the ATMs (nerd humor at its finest).
10) There was also a TFU2 demo but I didn't bother with it, you'd have to talk to JediSmith.
11) Anthony Daniels is amazing and I <3 him.

1) Yes they are. Especially huge Lego murals, a Boba Fett made out of Legos, and getting a free special edition White Boba Fett minifig.
2) My legs don't hate me anymore, but I'd bet they still hold a grudge for running across the convention floor several times in the span of two hours.
3) [link]
4) *Makes obligatory stormtrooper vs. height joke.*
5) I over-withdrew on my bank account, as did Banol.
6) His friends are cigarettes and some old dudes outside of JediSmith's hotel. lol
7) It's a (tourist) TRAP!
8 ) Like Fett. Would have happily blown $60 for a signed Fett pic from McQuarrie.
9) AT-ATMs!
10) Looks roughly the same as the first, but I have no idea how it played. Plus they were displaying them on PS3s (bleh).
11) On the first day in our line, he walked past us and shook some people's hands. He said "I feel like the President!" at all the attention. [link]

Also, if you haven't seen it, there's a newly released clip that never made it to ROTJ.

Still sifting through the mountainous amount of pictures I have and everyone else has, so it may take a while for me to figure out what I'm going to bother uploading.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frosty

avatar

Posts : 183
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 27
Location : Colchester, UK

PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:46 am

Screw you guys for living in the right country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesh'la Runi

avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 29
Location : Orlando, FL

PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Frosty wrote:
Screw you guys for living in the right country.

There was a Celebration Europe in London three years ago... Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nephill
Admin
avatar

Posts : 237
Join date : 2010-05-21
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Frosty wrote:
Screw you guys for living in the right country.

Sederous wrote:
Nephill wrote:
I want all you lucky folk to post pictures and stories about Celebration here while unlucky Neph reads/sees and cries his heart out.

I'll be crying along side you Neph, you aren't alone. Sad

Commiseration.

NitWhit wrote:
I don't have pictures uploaded where either of you can view them unfortunately and I'm far too lazy to upload all like 200 on another site. O_o Way, way too much work for me to ponder right now given I've got to play catch up on swtor, pack to head back to campus, and finish off a massive to do list of errands before the weekend.

On a side note, apparently The Clone Wars is now going to murder Dathomir and the Nightsisters. Darth Maul apparently has a brother named Savage Oppress (lamest name ever). Nightsisters use actual witchcraft rather than the Force. Ventress' backstory has a high possibility of being retconned. And there are invisible Jedi assassins apparently. *grumble*

Star Wars is coming out on blue ray next year or so with extra deleted scenes and stuff added. Lucas apparently keeps a list of random names he jots down which he uses to come up with names for stuff. He mentioned how he'd like to make another movie which made me want to murder him. Carrie Fisher is a hilarious yet extremely crude person. Jon Stewart got a star wars action figure of himself. Seth Green was apparently tasked with making a cartoonish Star Wars show for a young demographic but given it was Seth Green it apparently only looks like its for kids but is far more geared towards 20 year olds. Oh and there will be another Robot Chicken, a few of us also picked up little mini boxes of Admiral Ackbar cereal.

Legos are awesome. Bounty hunting is really exhausting. I want to make a droid now after running into one that played cantina music, danced, blew bubbles, and could blow a fuse. Dodging stormies all day is best done when you're short and can hide behind tall people or escape into the women's restroom. I wanted to buy lots of stuff. Jake Llyod has no friends. Food in Orlando is expensive. Ralph Mcquarrie's old concept art is fantastic and made me a little sad that they didn't choose some of his initial concepts. There was a full scale Tie Interceptor as well as a Snowspeeder and a mini AT-AT positioned next to the ATMs (nerd humor at its finest). There was also a TFU2 demo but I didn't bother with it, you'd have to talk to JediSmith.

Anthony Daniels is amazing and I <3 him. He got in line like everyone else on the first day a short distance behind me and no one seemed to notice short of a few of us who were just in mild shock until a security guard informed him that he could cut in line. We all happily let him pass. We all saw him again cutting through the main floor of the convention while snickering at the people doing double takes. And his hour long show was highly amusing. He could just carry on about things, at one point he was miming C3PO while an old star wars anti smoking psa appeared on the screen behind him. He also likes to call people out for walking in late and video taping his show rather than actually watching it, but hey if you're going to be called out by anyone, be called out by Anthony Daniels.

Bioware people are cool and very chill. The smuggler class will have stealth. I wanted to murder an idiot asking Drew Karpyshyn a lot of questions about the freaking Chiss. People requested that the concept artists upload works in progress and steps for their concept paintings after they painted one in an hour in each panel. In the second panel, the artist likely painted a character he wasn't supposed to reveal yet which was human like with really pale skin and lots of bright blue tattoos on his face. The character appeared to be one of the Jedi classes and needs a Force dampening system because there are some Force powers no one should have or some such, I forgot exactly what the concept artist said. There will be general species which will cover the vast majority of classes, then there will be limited species such as Chiss and pure blooded Sith which just don't make sense in some of the other roles (I suspect Miraluka are likely a strictly Jedi class as well). Ships are likely customizable only on the inside at least visually.

That is it in a nutshell I believe. And of course there were epic costumes everywhere including a storm trooper who had a 'do not touch' sign taped to his chest which scared Banol half to death, Bossk with a severed wookiee head attached to his belt, a pure blooded Sith girl, a chewie with C3PO strapped to his back, a really realistic looking Emperor, Mandalorians and clones everywhere, and a C3PO just to name a few.

Yay for good summary!!!!!

_________________

OMG THANK YOU LINDSEY YAY YAY YAY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wreakers.forummotion.com
Frosty

avatar

Posts : 183
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 27
Location : Colchester, UK

PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Mesh'la Runi wrote:
Frosty wrote:
Screw you guys for living in the right country.

There was a Celebration Europe in London three years ago... Razz

Like hell do I want to go back to London. That place is god awful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Celebration V   

Back to top Go down
 
Celebration V
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Celebration of Harry Potter Series Party!
» BGF One Year Anniversary Celebration

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wreakers :: Bravo :: OOC Chat and Games-
Jump to: