Welcome to Wreakers, a viral post-apocalyptic role-playing game set in the near future.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Michael Burkes, Journalist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heavenly Havok

PostSubject: Michael Burkes, Journalist   Wed May 26, 2010 3:52 am

Michael Burkes

GENERAL INFORMATION

Nicknames: Mike, Mikey
Age in 2013: 26
Date of Birth: November 23, 1987
Title: N/A

APPEARANCE

Portrayer: Ewan McGregor
Michael stands at 5’11 and weighs about 175 lbs and though he isn’t athletic he is still in good shape from time at the gym. His hair is dark auburn brown and his eyes are a deep green color. Most of the time he is seen with a stubble of a beard due to lack of maintenance from long hours of work. Michael is missing part of the top of his right ear from a bad fall as a child but doesn’t impair his hearing.

PERSONALITY

Michael is a classic loner and rebel; though he has friends he keeps away from becoming too close to anyone and finds himself annoyed by constantly being near people, but the rare few that he calls friends, he becomes quite protective of and close to . Though he refuses to admit it, he has a fear of commitment due to an inferiority complex; tormenting him from developing relationships. Due to his belief in being lesser then others, he strives to work harder and to be more judgmental over his own morals of right and wrong; it isn’t unusual to find him with a book of philosophy near at hand.

He can also be cynical due to the people he had met in the past and his own father, especially with strangers. He isn’t one to talk behind people’s backs so confronts people he dislikes quickly to announce his dislike for them. Being an avid gambler, he is a very good liar and is willing to take chances to earn much more.

Even with all his faults, Michael is good natured and sympathetic to people in need, in conversations he's been called a joker and can be sarcastic at times.

HISTORY

Father: Daniel T. Burkes (divorced)
Mother: Shana V. Colton (Divorced)
Spouse: N/A
Siblings: (IF APPLICABLE. IF NOT, LEAVE BLANK)
Other:
Michael was born into a poor family that lived in New York City; his father made minimum wage doing odd-jobs and his mother worked as a maid. His father was an alcoholic and made sure to demean Michael every chance he got and instead of standing up to him, Michael accepted it as near fact which lead to a psychological issue of feeling inferior to others. His mother meanwhile was never around until Michael was ten and his parents got a divorce. From then he lived with his mother and the two of them left New York City to live in St. Louis.

Working hard in school, Michael managed to obtain a scholarship to go to college where he gained a bachelor’s degree in Journalism. He moved to Las Vegas where he took a job as a magazine writer and reporter, mainly dealing with inner-city crime and at times a foreign correspondent. Living in Las Vegas he couldn’t pass up the allure of gambling and became an avid gambler. It was in May of 2013 that Michael began to follow a story that could effectively make his career, a story pertaining to some kind of virus.

USER

Name: Barret, Behr: Either works
Timezone: United States Central Timezone
Experience: About 3 years

If you need a sample Neph just say so. Also note I'll be making adjustments to the biography later on and this is just a first draft.

Last edited by Heavenly Havok on Fri May 28, 2010 2:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nephill
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael Burkes, Journalist   Wed May 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Havok-If your profile isn't completed, please add WIP for Work in Progress in the title. Also, please add a short occupation description in the title. If it is completed, reply to me.

Last edited by Nephill on Thu May 27, 2010 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wreakers.forummotion.com
Nephill
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael Burkes, Journalist   Thu May 27, 2010 3:55 am

Added WIP. Take it off when you're done.
Back to top Go down
Heavenly Havok

PostSubject: Re: Michael Burkes, Journalist   Fri May 28, 2010 1:58 am

Nephill wrote:
Havok-If your profile isn't completed, please add WIP for Work in Progress in the title. Also, please add a short occupation description in the title. If it is completed, reply to me.

Sorry, meant to change it ><

EDIT: Okay I'm finished with it, I can't think of anything to change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nephill
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Michael Burkes, Journalist   Fri May 28, 2010 5:24 am

Heavenly Havok wrote:
Nephill wrote:

Accepted

Looks good. I would recommend he start where my character is going, reporting on mass panic at Richmond Community Hospital in Virginia. That'd work out great with the plotline. Smile
Back to top Go down
Heavenly Havok

PostSubject: Re: Michael Burkes, Journalist   Fri May 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Nephill wrote:
Heavenly Havok wrote:
Nephill wrote:

Accepted

Looks good. I would recommend he start where my character is going, reporting on mass panic at Richmond Community Hospital in Virginia. That'd work out great with the plotline. Smile

alright sounds good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Burkes, Journalist   

Back to top Go down

Michael Burkes, Journalist
Page 1 of 1